Sunday, January 2, 2011

Cancer Free!

Last week was time for me to go get poked and prodded.  By this I mean it was time for them to take blood to be tested; however, I have no veins so they have to do imaginative things to get the stuff out of my arm.  This time it was poking me in four different places and going exploring.

You see, last time this year I was dealing with a very aggressive melanoma on my left forearm which had permeated down to the muscle layer before we even knew what it was.  Then there was surgery to remove the cancer and lymph nodes. 

This week the call was welcome.  I heard some of the most beautiful words in the English language - 'Cancer free.'  Thank you, Lord - for healing me and sustaining me.  My feet are standing upon you, my Rock.

I have a big hunk out of my arm with a long red scar, but I don't mind.  When I see it, I remember all my friends that prayed for me when I wasn't able to do so.  And when people ask me about it, I'm glad to tell them about my Friend, the Giver of life.  HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment