Saturday, July 2, 2011

Woodworking - First Big Project

This summer Noah and I are taking, of all things, woodcarving!  And to my surprise, we're really enjoying it!  Each week, Noah asks me when woodcarving is; he looks forward to it that much.  The Homeschool House on Robinson Road holds classes and that's where we go.  This is my second project - we all did a simple keychain project at first to learn all the different types of cuts.  And of course, I would have to come up with a really complex design for my second project.  Here it is in all of its, uh... glory.  We'll see how it turns out.  I'm hoping that I do a good enough job with enough relief to turn this into a useful woodblock for printing...  as one of my friends said, I'm going to work to make Albrecht Durer proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment