Thursday, September 1, 2011

Book Recommendation - Brilliant Beginnings




The past few days I've been reading this seriously engrossing book.  I dare you to open it for just a minute.  One artist leads to another until you are SUCKED IN!
It gives nice spreads showing early, childhood works of great artists, composers and writers. For example, Claude Monet's early caricatures are shown, along with this quote:
"I was undisciplined from birth, no one, even when I was very young, could make me follow rules... School always seemed like prison to me and I could never resolve to spend even four hours a day there."
It says he drew unendingly in the margins of his books, depicting, in the most irreverent way, his teachers.
You can find it on Amazon, among other places.  I think I'm going to have to pick it up myself, sometimes the library just isn't enough; ownership is necessary!

No comments:

Post a Comment