Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Pileated Woodpecker, SOLD!

I finished my pileated woodpecker.  Already sold, he is destined to be somebody's Christmas gift.  I'm pretty much loving him.  Textures, colors, background, tree - all of it.

Only twice in my life have I been blessed in seeing these beauties.  They are larger than life, at about 18"!  You KNOW when you see them!  And if you ever see a three foot long hole in a tree with a veritable pyramid of shavings down below, that's definitely this woodpecker!

Here he is.  I did him in pen, watercolor and acrylic on heavy deckled-edge watercolor paper.  Currently I'm taking Christmas orders for $90.00 each.  You pick your bird.
 I downloaded two photos - the bottom one shows the deckled edge.

What a handsome fellow he is!

No comments:

Post a Comment