Saturday, August 13, 2016

Pennants!

Pennants! Man, I love this #painting ! Still searching for a good name for it. Ideas?  I've given it the working name, 'Pennants,' but that's pretty boring.

It's funny, but I've always been attracted to these.  You don't know how many times I've seen flying flags and pennants and turned around and driven back to sit under them and watch them wave for a while.  I like to think that it's because they represent events and fun and special occasions and sales, but really, I just think they're fascinating to watch.  Maybe it's some combination of all these things.  Especially on a breezy day.  The flapping and snapping just makes me feel free, glad to be sitting under a sunny sky, glad to be alive, and glad to be free.

Wow.  With all that, you'd think I could come up with a good name, huh?

 Buy some of this breezy happiness at colorcatstudios101.etsy.com .  There you can find closeups and a description of materials, size, price, etc.

Here are some different views:



I used this hot orange for the sunny highlights.  Man, it makes the entire painting pop.  Love.  It's Matisse Cadmium Orange - Poison!  Yeah.  That's literally what's on the label.  Don't worry, it's only poison to me, not to you.  Once it's dry, it's fine



Ah.... just makes me happy looking at it again!  I wanted fresh fun in the background, too, so added all kinds of color and texture in with the blues.  Hard to believe a mind can turn these textures and colors into a sky, huh?  Wow - what a God we have to give us minds like this!  You first looked at all those crazy mixes and thought 'sky' within the blink of an eye.



The following is the entire painting.  Writing this up, I just decided that if I have a blue day, I just need to spend some time looking at this piece!



If I remember correctly, the dimensions are 30"x24"  

No comments:

Post a Comment