Saturday, September 8, 2018

An Artist’s Palette

Luscious color testing palette.  The painting I’m currently working on is going to be REALLY colorul!  My color choices are about half the paints laying here.  For this piece I’m going to follow Matisse for he never liked to sully his colors and Maxfield Parrish because he put down layers and layers of glazings for that nice Parrish glow.


These three brands of paint are by FAR my favorites!  Of course Sennelier has been around for years and years, and Matisse,  they’re absolutely luscious.  Some of their beauties are not duplicated in any other brand, nor do others even come close. However, that young upstart, Golden Fluid Acrylics, is going to give everyone a run for their money.  They are absolutely color saturated and I am IN LOVE with three in particular, Quinacridone Azo Gold, Teal and Green Gold, all three of which will make it into my upcoming painting, including Senellier’s Ultramarine Blue Light and Matisse’s Primary Blue, which also is peerless.


I could talk about color all day.


Such yummy stuff.  Thank you, Lord, for making me an artist!

No comments:

Post a Comment