Thursday, January 2, 2020

Interesting Finds

I’m thinking that I could intrigue someone well-versed in fluid mechanics with this, or, well, just curious people like myself.  Here is a closeup of a tiny spot in my 22x22” painting I just finished.  Do you see the absolutely perfect 9-pointed star?  That was complete happenstance which took place when I was manipulating the liquid paint.  I didn’t even notice it until I reviewed the video I posted yesterday and saw it in the video!  What are the chances of flowing liquids forming absolutely perfect nine-point stars anyway?  This tiny baby is about 1/2” in diameter, by the way.  Cool, huh?  It sealed my decision to name this piece ‘Hidden Gems.’

If there’s anybody out there that can explain what happened in layman’s terms, I’d appreciate it. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment