Saturday, June 6, 2020

New Studio Work

I am really loving the new designs coming out of my studio. It’s been an exploration of color and texture.

This piece is a good example. It’s heavy cotton rag paper, so the surface is uneven.  So, when I print the design, it takes in places, and doesn’t in others.  Also, I’ve got layers of color-changing and shimmery paints underneath, and they all accept or don’t accept paint in different ways.  



This adds up to some cool effects and textures!  It reminds me of flocked wallpaper.  Remember that?!  Really cool to touch and an affordable price too. 🙂. Good combination. At a mere $35.00, you can find it at www.colorcatstudios101.etsy.com.  Please help starving artists - man, business has NOT been good during this quarantine!



No comments:

Post a Comment