Thursday, April 3, 2014

Processing Suicide

Today Noah danced.  I came into the waiting area out front and sketched this little picture as I sat staring out the high windows.  The clouds were high and skittling past, pushed along by the nice breeze.  Another mother waited for her daughter.  I just wasn't in the mood for chit chat.  Everything looked so normal, even though Evan isn't here anymore.















 For a little reflection time and some quiet, I walked over to BJ's for an iced tea.  I took my newly-purchased book on suicide and read for a few minutes, then just sat looking around.  The people surrounding me were talking, chatting, laughing.  Eating, drinking... living.  LIVING. They don't seem to know that Evan's gone, either.
Drawing and writing is helping me.  And a lot of prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment