Thursday, June 4, 2015

Tuba Commission, Part Four

Yay!!!!! Done!!! It always feels great to finish a painting, especially a commission!  Here I am holding it so you can better judge the size.  This painting is going to make an impact!  Love it!  I always do my varnishing outside because, well, because varnish is toxic!  Have found it to be one great mosquito repellent, though - "Kills brain cells and repels mosquitoes simultaneously!"  Great ad slogan.

My goal of having the textures of the background show through in places was achieved as well, and I am thoroughly pleased.  Now, all I have to do is finish varnishing and get the hanging equipment onto it.  For some reason, the bottom picture looks quite dark.  Must be that weird photographer I use... myself.  The colors are more true to the above pic where I'm holding it.


No comments:

Post a Comment