Thursday, September 3, 2015

Ballerina in Gold, 'Life' Painting, Finished and For Sale

I just finished this one!  It's varnished and will soon be ready to sell. She's a dancer coming alive as she moves onstage.  It was a little hard to photograph because of the reflective gold, but if you could see it in person, the flesh tones and blush are coming to her face and working down her neck to her body.  I entitled it 'Life,' and really, really love her.

Right now I've got a commission for a similar painting, except that this one is 30" x 24" and that one will be, I forget right now, but about seven feet by four feet.  This beautiful dancer is destined for downtown.  Our daughter, Melody, whose business is Refine Arts, wrote, choreographed and directed an amazing show which she entitled 'Reconstructing Alice.'  It was so good that she was advised to take it downtown!

She has already rented a theatre, set the show dates, and is now taking audition signups.

Anyway, to synopsize, we found that the theatre has an exhibit hall for art, so we're going to hold a simultaneous dance and art show.  Excited!  This is one of the paintings I'm going to display down there.

Just today I had two people interested in purchase, so we'll see what happens with that. One found her on Facebook, and one came to our home.  When she saw her, it took her breath away.  It's difficult to explain my feelings when a painting that takes MY breath away has the same effect on someone else.

 Melody wants it to hang, so the sale will have to be conditional upon it hanging during her shows.  It's $800.00.  Let me know if you're interested.

I'll post a couple closeups of her in a few days. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment