Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Horse Painting - Part Three - For Sale

Here we are!  Yay!  I love it!  As you can see, I did a lot of work on the shadows and muscles in his neck, which involved a lot of back and forth with the payne's grey, cobalt blue and titanium white.  NOW he's looking good!  I'm also loving the cool colors in his mane.  As you can see, I did pop in some pinks and warm tones for highlights to bring the attention to his face.  Everything about him makes me feel yummy now.





















Let's look at a couple of close-ups.
 Here's the eye area.  Now you can focus in to see how I worked the layers.  I love seeing through the layers and noting how the colors change as they overlap each other.

You can also see how rough the area around the horse is.  I wanted to give it movement, as if he was swishing his head in determination.













Here's his entire head.  One of my favorite parts is the beautiful green over the blues.  They create a magic all their own.

All he needs now is a name and a good home.

$600.00 from my home (more when he gets to the Gallery).  30" x 30", heavy gallery-wrapped canvas.

You can always contact me here, or at my email address, colorcatstudios@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment