Friday, March 8, 2019

Spring Break Abstracts

My business, Color Cat Studios, is two-fold.  It often feels like multitudinous-fold. One side is my paintings.  I both sell my finished ones and take commissions for what others want me to paint.  When people ask me to paint something, the first thing I ask them to do is look at my art and see if they like it, and choose particular works so I know what style they desire. If they don’t like my style I send them elsewhere.  


Another side of my business is teaching art.  Oh my GOODNESS I LOVE kids! I teach formal classes to kids ages 9-21 and we both love and inspire each other.  I’ll also teach adults at art conventions, art gatherings, speak at business gatherings, etc.  I absolutely ADORE painting for theater; it’s about the only time I get to paint as big as I want.  


Now we come to spring break - whew!  I’m really excited and relieved to have a break.  It’s time to refresh myself.  One way I do this is by working on abstracts.  I love this one, done with good old Brusho pigments.  These pigments are ... well, pure pigment with no vehicle.  I really love these and use them often.  Anyway, HAPPY SPRING BREAK!!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment