Saturday, January 10, 2015

The Louvre and its Pyramid

Once again the Louvre and its pyramid are in the news; this time because they're going to be renovating the pyramid for quite a number of months.

I found this a particularly beautiful shot, and fondly remember having lunch up on the maybe third floor balcony in the background on a fine day such as the one in this picture.  I distinctly remember sitting on the - wait - I don't think it was a balcony - it was a nice patio, and there was a ledge about three feet wide.  I sat on the ledge and happily munched my lunch, soaking up some nice rays and clearing my head, when one of the waiters ran up and chased me and other innocent diners off, shooing us over to some tables.  Oh, well, it was nice while it lasted.

And as far as the Pyramid pools - ahh, yes... perfect for soaking aching feet after a day's perseverance through THAT huge museum!

Ready to go back!


No comments:

Post a Comment