Tuesday, June 19, 2018

An Artist’s Self Portrait

As an artist, I consider my body another canvas upon which to work, and what I wear often reflects who I am.  A self portrait. Because it’s easy for me to get a little crazy, I sometimes wear black to tame it down a bit. 


Here my leather and pearl necklace remind me of the nice time Noah and I had at the science museum. The crazy leaf scarf came from a great trip Gary and I took to Florida. My Packman earring I got at the Mall of America in St. Paul (biggest mall in the States) and the feather earring connects me to our daughter, who wears its mate. The gold band is from my dad who found it metal detecting - very special. My black bracelet was at a dollar bin at Goodwill, where we love to kick around for good deals. You would notice the many-stoned ring - that’s my paternal grandma’s mother’s ring.  She had NINE kids!! The mother’s ring has may purple and green stones; I got the topaz (the big one) because it has purple and green and blue in it and matches my grandma’s ring so beautifully.  Plus, I love anything big and sparkly.





If you look closely, you will see the big gouge in my left arm - a reminder of my melanoma and how precious life is - a gift from God. I don’t mind the scar as it reminds me of this. One more detail in this self-portrait - I got caught in the rain today, so I cut off the top so you wouldn’t see my frizzy wet hair! 


Does what you wear reflect you?

Oh... and... here’s more of my self portrait - I do my best to surround myself with flowers inside and outside the house.



And the best flowers of all, peonies.  Yummy!



Now my self-portrait is much more complete. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment