Sunday, February 21, 2016

Chinese Calligraphy; Tiny Art

Everyone needs a little Chinese calligraphy.  This darling little character means 'perfume.'  Note that it looks like a plant, from which perfume originates.  I absolutely love the study of the Chinese language!  I used to write the characters with a traditional bamboo pen (extremely sharp bamboo stick) but that has been nipped in the bud.  Once I stepped over a basket of supplies, stepped a little too short, and skewered my leg with the pen.  It went deep causing a lot of pain with the lovely added bonus of a staph infection up to my knee.

Needless to say, I'm really happy using acrylics for my characters now. Like Snow White and the banned spinning wheels, bamboo pens have been purged from our home!


No comments:

Post a Comment