Saturday, September 24, 2011

Don't touch the Paint!

Today, a picture of my poor thumb.  For some reason unbeknownst to me, all my fingertips developed razor-like cuts and peeling skin.  Ouch!  Just try living with open wounds on all your fingertips!

Went to the dermatologist and she gave me the unwelcome news: contact dermatitis to paint.  Any other artists develop this?

So, this artist is trying to figure out how to continually paint without touching... paint!  I am currently using a barrier cream, which helps considerably; I just have to continually reapply it.  Gloves are absolutely for the birds.

Let this be a warning to you people.  There are a lot of pigments that simply are not good for your skin.  Remember, your skin is porous and soaks up whatever it contacts.  Oh, boy.






No comments:

Post a Comment