Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Step 14, An Artist's Process for a Large Painting - Finished!

YAY!!!  I finished!  Today I added some more glazing to the clouds, tweaked some color here and there and did some splattering.  Very happy.  Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures for you because I don't have any pictures for ME yet!

The last step was to do some splattering, which left heavy paint that would run if it was vertical.  So, I have the three panels now laying in our garage horizontally.  Horizontal was a must for another reason as well - I laid down two coats of high gloss UV varnish.  One more layer of varnish tomorrow and it will be completely done.  A day or two of curing after that, and we'll be able to transport it to its new home, the Pregnancy Assistance Center North. :)

I'll post pictures in a few days once it's finished and dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment