Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Woodworking - Close to Done

This summer we've been taking wood carving classes, and my son and I found we both really enjoy it.  I finally finished the first-ever woodblock I attempted!  Hooray!  Here it is.  This particular photo shows it when it's not quite done, but you can get the gist of the thing.  Personally, I like it, except that it's shown upside-down here.  I am the world's worst at manipulating pictures on computers.  Much rather spend my time painting or carving wood than learning how to do THAT!






































You can see a much earlier version of this piece before I did a lot of major carving under the heading 'Woodworking, First Big Project.'

Tomorrow when I get some good light in the house, I'll take a pic of my first ever print that I made with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment