Sunday, November 20, 2011

'Kaleidoscope'

Here's a pretty big piece I did recently, which sold just today down at the gallery.  I think it was 20x24".  I call it Kaleidoscope, and wanted to demonstrate the wild, bright colors I can get using this medium.   Guess it's not too hard to see that I gravitate towards bright colors. You can also see a nice reflection of the sky in the upper right hand corner.  Hey, nobody said I had to be a great art photographer (although it would be very nice!)

The picture below is a cutaway to give an example of the detail.  This particular painting took me about eight separate settings to put together, mostly because I needed a 24 hour dry time between layering.  I'm glad it sold because I really love it and will like knowing that someone else will be enjoying it too.

3 comments:

  1. Wow ... this is amazing, and I'm glad you included the close up shot. The layers are fluid and with beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent, I love this painting beautiful shapes and colors with beautiful transitions. Really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much, ladies. I spent some time painting tonight, too - love Thanksgiving week! A bit of a slowdown in our normal schedule. God bless you this week.

    ReplyDelete