Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Chrysanthemum Series - First Friday

 These paintings are some of my Chrysanthemum Series.  They are currently hanging in the Da Vinci Gallery in Tomball  http://www.davinciartistsgallery.com/exhibitions.html

Come on out and see us this Friday for our delightful  First Friday evening of meeting artists, beautiful art and an hors d' oeuvres and wine bar.

The paintings in this series are mono-prints.  That means that there are no two alike.  I enjoy carving wood blocks, and that is what I did with the chrysanthemum.

Each background has layers of paint and iridescents to give them depth.  Once I am pleased with the backgrounds, I will paint the wood block and print it onto the backgrounds.  Often I will paint on top of the wood block print as well, so there are many layers in these pieces.

 Come on out and see us Friday night!



No comments:

Post a Comment