Thursday, October 11, 2018

Wacky Wavy Inflatable Tube Man Painting

I have a friend that actually bought a costume of one of these blowup guys.  This is my painting of these funny dudes.  We decided that each of these wind blown poses reflects moods during different times of the day.  My favorite one is the poor bent over fellow which you always see when they’re not getting enough air.  I embossed the metal, seated it on a painted canvas, and then painted everything to unite it.  :)

After much crazy deliberation, I named this one ‘Highway Dancers’ as opposed to Crazy Dancing Blowup Guys or Wacky Wavy Inflatable Tube Man and myriad other funny suggestions.  It makes me laugh. The entire piece is 24”x12”. Message me if interested; it’s not on my website. $200.00.


The following is a closeup of just the embossed metal.




No comments:

Post a Comment