Saturday, April 16, 2016

The Continuing Saga of an Artist's Studio

Here we have another corner of my studio.  Top right you first lay your eyes on my quickie self-portrait in orange and blue.  Gotta do a selfie now and then.  This particular day I had my hair up, glasses on and bluetooth in.  I call it my Sarah Palin selfie. Along with that a couple pieces of metal embossing in progress.

Lots of small work.  Some from friends, some that are my own.  These pieces continually inspire me.

The little restaurant rail car.  Somewhere in this world are the other cars in this set.  It has a special place in my heart because I grew up on trains, riding that good ol' Silver Bullet from Washington State across the Rockies and many points east.  Brings back memories which are too multitudinous to share here.

A nest full of wonderful surprises.  That's art-speak for a bunch of good junk and bad that I don't know what to do with at the moment.

Absolutely love my little black girl!  Aside from being adorable, she reminds me of the time we lived in Quincy, IL and went over to Hannibal, MO, continually.  Home base for Mark Twain, and we were always celebrating his Huckleberry Finn characters and stories.

Top right is a leaf print.  I love these, and usually put warm colors over cool, causing the leaves to look like they're floating above the surface.  I infuse them with golds and iridescents, too, which add interest.

That's about it!  You can find my work for sale at colorcatstudios101.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment