Saturday, July 18, 2020

Origin of Cat and Bird Paintings

Where did all these Pippy’s Adventures watercolor paintings come from?  I painted this red painting, a big acrylic that’s 20”x30” maybe eight years ago.  I named it Big Furry Bird. 🙂

It sold and I have always wanted to revisit it with more work.  Then our son Noah got this cat Pippy - THE MOST TROUBLE TO EVER HAVE BEEN BORN WITH FUR AND FOUR FEET.  His escapades inspired me to get back to it.  So... ‘Pippy’s Adventures’ were born.  

My desire was to make political art in this turbulent time, but I chose to make cheery art that speaks in a different way.  If a cat can be friends with birds - then I think we can be kind to everyone.  Let’s be kind.  I think for now - these are just right.  With all the covid troubles we just need some happy thoughts.

As you can see by my fingers holding this one - they’re tiny! They’re either 2 1/2”x3 1/2” , 4x6” or 5x7”.  Priced for everyone and will fit everywhere. :)

And remember, if you spend a $35.00 minimum on my website until TOMORROW, you can choose one of my cool hologram stickers and I’ll send it along with your purchase. 🙂 
www.colorcatstudios101.etsy.com
Here are some of my stickers.  They’re holographic stickers made from my paintings. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment