Sunday, April 17, 2011

Missions Trip Part Two - A Bible

First I'm going to ask you how many Bibles you have in your home.  Second, I'm going to ask you about the last time you seriously dug into yours.

There was one young lady, maybe about twenty years old, who had joined our orchestra.  She wanted a Bible.  She's been a believer for about a year and has never owned one.  Trust me, their country does not import Bibles.  That night I pulled one out of my suitcase and gave it to her the next morning before we played.  Then I simply stood in wonder and beheld the beautiful scene unfolding before my eyes.

First she jumped up and down and screamed.  Then she ran around and showed all her friends.  Then she literally danced and sang.  Then she sat down in a chair, hugged her new Bible, and cried.

Here's a picture of her.  The Bible she's holding was donated by my church.  We ran out of Bibles VERY early in the week, which was heartbreaking.  But ooohhh, the time was so, so good in so many ways.

Now, as you look at her, I'm going to ask you a question.  How many Bibles do you have in your home?  And one more - when was the last time you really got into yours?




No comments:

Post a Comment