Friday, February 15, 2019

Finished Puppy Commission

Here I’m showing some of my steps bringing my puppy painting to fruition.  This adorable pup is a commission I just finished - yay! Stella is a bundle of fun so I put polka dots in the background to symbolize her playfulness. Guaranteed to bring a smile of delight, this acrylic painting is only 12”x12” painted on cradled wood.  With the gold textures in the background, her mood changes with the changing light. 
First drawing upon my beautiful background:

Starting to paint in the ear now...
Both ears... :)

Watch out for that scary pic with the glowing white eyeball - zombie dog! Artists are like gardeners - going through the scary stuff, mud, seeds, weeds, zombie dogs, with their eyes on the goal, finished paintings and glorious gardens. :)
Getting there...  honestly, I love this zombie dog transition. 


Ahhh... much better.
Now we’re getting somewhere!
The photo did not show a gleam in her right eye; but neither I nor the customer liked her without it. So...
Ah! That’s much better, isn’t it? :). Now, for the finishing touches.  Fur here, texture there, little pinky nose, and voila!

I’m in love! And I don’t even have to take her outside to pee!

















Watch out for that scary pic with the glowing white eyeball - zombie dog! Artists are like gardeners - going through the scary stuff, mud, seeds, weeds, zombie dogs, with their eyes on the goal, finished paintings and glorious gardens. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment