Thursday, January 17, 2013

Dr. Who's Tardis Continued





I thought The Tardis was the perfect choice for this year’s theme.  Having two Dr. Who fans in my home, I’ve discovered how serious Dr. Who fans are!  ‘The Tardis’ is the booth Dr. Who steps into so he can travel through time.  I began the piece with two base coats of what I’m now calling ‘Tardis Blue.’  After that, the lion’s share of time was spent working out the mathematical dimensions.  Once that was worked out, I began laying things out, using a charcoal plumb line, then taping them.  Yes, indeed, straight lines are the most difficult thing for me to paint! Shadows and highlights, weathering, then the windows and beacon were next.  The final touch was the iridescents streaming from the beacon and windows.  This piece was painted with a combination of acrylic, matt medium, latex and iridescent acrylics, and finished with a coat of varnish.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment