Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Nashville’s Railroad Station

Is this a beautiful place or what?  It used to be the railroad station in Nashville and has been restored (to the tune of $14 million) and is now a hotel.  It was a delight wandering around and enjoying the architecture.  I grew up riding trains and have spent a lot of time in stations, many of them just beautiful. 




I finally plopped down on a comfy couch to soak up the atmosphere and do a little sketch, as shown below.  Did you know... statistics have proven that if you stop to make a sketch you remember more than if you snap a photo?  I didn’t need statistics to know that! 


When I travel, I’ll prep some pages in my little sketchpad with paint.  All the paint on this page was applied BEFORE I had any idea what I was going to draw.  When I want to draw something, I just scroll through my sketchpad and find the painted pages that seem to fit the mood. :). Sometimes I’ll paint further but not often.  As for this one, I like it the way it is.

What a place.  Although I’ve never been in this particular station, it brought back a lot of memories. ❤️ 




No comments:

Post a Comment