Tuesday, October 22, 2019

New Paint Pour Series

I am SOOOO happy with this new series of four paintings!  Yes, banana.  That’s for size.  What I am thrilled about is that the two paintings in the center actually flow together as if they’re one; THAT was total serendipity!  Did not plan that at all and didn’t even know until today whilst laying down varnish layer number three.  (Did you know... a diptych is two pieces painted together to make one complete painting?). I’m hoping someone wants to purchase and hang them together this way.  (They’re a little reflective; that’s because the varnish is still wet.)



I normally keep the price on my website, but just in case you’re curious, the crazy first one that makes me laugh (it’s the rebellious stepchild of the four) is $450.00; the next is $600.00, its friend is $500.00 and the one on the far right is $350.00 (priced by size). The three on the right are dreamy and remind me of land and water and beautiful agates and rocks.  The first one looks to me like a crazy baby bird fluffing his wings so he can take on the world and DOMINATE!  Loving the colors.




If you are interested, let me know here or by email (colorcatstudios@gmail.com).  I don’t have them on my website (except for the bird) because I have an upcoming show which I’m preparing for.  Honestly, I don’t think it’s worth the trouble because I think they’re going to sell at the show.


And if you REALLY want to know, I’m not altogether sure I want to sell the bird.  I find him charming and funny and crazy and it makes me laugh every time I see him.  You could probably buy him today, but I’d rather you bought the other three.  I might have to pull him off my website and keep him as my personal friend and assistant.

No comments:

Post a Comment