Saturday, January 26, 2019

Painting Reveal

Here’s a super-closeup of a new painting I’ve got up my sleeve. Since it’s 24x30”, I guess that means I’ve got a big sleeve, huh?  Can you guess what it is?  This painting is a friend of another I recently painted as they both have the same subject; but that one was based on a linear concept with a strong emphasis on drawing and lines.  For this one I first laid down a heavy layer of textures and words to be the base for the painting itself.  My goal was to layer the colors in very transparent glazes so you could see how the glazing reacted with the textures and so you enjoy how the colors interact with each other, changing and mixing as they’re either layered or not layered.  Goodness, this painting is as complex as expensive, aged wine!  You’ll get the big reveal SOON!  Hope you like the little sneak peek! 




No comments:

Post a Comment