Thursday, September 19, 2019

Sold! Here’s Looking at You

SOLD!  ‘Here’s Looking at You.’  This piece is ink and watercolor, two of my favorite mediums to combine.  I like the discipline of the ink and the loose lay down of the watercolor; a marriage made in heaven if you ask me!  When I work like this I like to use a heavy paper - this is a heavy cotton rag.  You can’t see the deckled edges, but they’re there.  When you do get a nice piece like this, frame it on top of a mat so that you can see the nice edges.  Another one gone!



The man that purchased this painting actually has no place for it right now but is working toward a move and a new place within two years.  He is at this time collecting art with which to fill his home when he gets it set up. :). Sounds like a good plan to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment