Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Dragons Among Us Painting

This is my painting ‘Dragons Among Us.’  I’ve got three dragons hidden within the depths of space... can you find them?  I just posted it on my site, www.colorcatstudios101.etsy.com for a mere $90.00.  Christmas is coming, people.  Once this is gone, it’s gone.  These paint pours are what I’d call controlled chaos - I can control them to an extent, but they also have a mind of their own and that’s what makes them so special.  Let’s take a look at this one:  Here’s the entire painting.

It’s 10”x10” on a deep gallery-wrapped canvas.  Some closer detail:

Here it is with my Yeti for size comparison:

Oh my goodness, the colors are just glorious!  The sides are really cool, too.  When you do paint pours, you have to use twice as much paint as would ever remain on the canvas.  It simply has to pour over the edges in order for you to get the movement you desire.  I leave the paint on the edges because it makes the entire piece, front and sides, look like art!  LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THIS!!!










No comments:

Post a Comment