Thursday, August 29, 2019

Paint Pouring Painting - ‘Rising’

You know, I began doing paint pouring in response to my shoulder surgery, which left me unable to mentally focus long enough to produce my ‘normal’ style of art.  But it’s become more than that.  The beauty of these works really moves me in a way that’s hard to describe.  Here’s the entire painting:


It’s also a huge challenge to get one of these to turn out and many I end up painting over.  But this one.  I call it ‘Rise,’ because for me the paint rises up like a stem of gladiola flowers.  The fact that there’s a little elephant in with the flowers I guess is just a bonus.  Do you see him?  He’s in this following picture:



Aw, goodness.  He looks like Dumbo. ❤️ Oh, the prettiness never ends with this one!




I just popped this on my website last night.  Believe it or not, these are ever so much more beautiful in person, with their deep, glossy colors.  You can find this painting and many others at www.colorcatstudios101.etsy.com. 

www.colorcatstudios101.etsy.com
Oh, goodness, I’m in love all over again!



No comments:

Post a Comment